Lemon grass, Peanut butter, soy, honey chickenI
I love Asian food, they are full of flavour and their veggies are always crunchy!
I am very aware that their sauces can be full of preservatives so buy organic preservative-free Asian chili sauce and a bottle of preservative free soy sauce and then I add fresh Asian ingredients and spices to give it a delicious healthy Asian taste, the bottles last for ages and I use them as a base to make a variety of Asian dishes.
I know it’s a long list of ingredients but all you have to do is throw them into a bowl mix them together and add the chicken, I promise you it’s worth it.
Ingredients for the chicken marinade
· 6 chicken thigh pieces on the bone
· 2 tablespoons lime juice
· 3 tablespoons honey
· 2 tablespoons grated ginger
· 2-3 stalks lemon grass, sliced, white part only
· 1&½ teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
· ½ teaspoon cumin
· ½ teaspoon turmeric
· 2 tablespoons sesame oil
· 4 cloves garlic crushed
· ¼ cup light soy sauce
· 2&½ tablespoons peanut butter
· 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
· 2 teaspoons Asian chilli sauce
1. Pre heat the oven to 180c
2. In a large bowl mix the marinade ingredients and once they are thoroughly blended, add the chicken pieces, ensuring they are full submerged in the marinade.
3. If you can, marinade for three hours, if you can marinate overnight even better.
transfer chicken with 3/4 of the marinade to a baking tray with baking paper.
4. Cook for 25 min then brush the chicken with the remaining marinade, return to oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
Use your favourite vegetables and nuts to go with this dish.
I used 1/3 cup of raw cashews, 1 capsicum, one fresh baby sweet corn (125g) I cooked them with the chicken.
I blanched 1 bunch of broccolini and added it to the chicken dish once it was cooked.