Hurry it curry
Roasted chicken and eggplant curry
This one is for for all the curry lovers.
I have made an awesome curry for you. Jam packed with flavour and …
Yes, there is a long list of spices and o-oh, I can see your eyes are rolling because of the long list of ingredients, but just hang on a second! What if I promise you that this is one of the best chicken curries you’ll ever have, and it’s well worth the effort, because let’s be honest anything that tastes really extra good does need a little bit of work. I promise it’s not too much.
Why is this curry different from any other curry you ask?
True, it has some of the usual curry ingredients and spices, but it has so much more and the the Harrisa paste which is bold and super rich in flavour adds an earthy taste with a BIG KICK, which I promise you, won’t disappoint. This dish is well worth the effort.
8-10 Chicken thighs on the bone
· •2 large brown onions, peeled and cut into quarters •500-600g baby potatoes cut into quarters
· •1 eggplant, cut into chunks •6 peeled garlic cloves •2 teaspoons garam masala •1 teaspoon onion powder •1 teaspoon garlic salt •2 teaspoons turmeric powder
· 1 teaspoon cumin powder •1 teaspoon ground coriander •1 teaspoon ground ginger •1 level teaspoon paprika
· 1 &1/2 tablespoons Harrisa paste
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 6-7 tablespoons olive oil •1/4-1/2 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
· •1 can coconut milk •1/3 cup tomato purée •1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
· 200mls chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 200C In a bowl, mix all the dry spices, Harrisa paste with olive oil, set aside.
2. In a separate bowl mix the chicken stock, the tomato puree and coconut milk, set aside. Coat the chicken pieces with half the spice mixture, place chicken pieces in an oven dish, skin side facing up.
3. Coat all the vegetables (except for chickpeas and garlic) with the remainder of the spice mixture and arrange vegetables on a second oven dish.
4. Place dishes in the oven and roast chicken for 15-10 min and the vegetables until almost ready about 25 -30min.
5. Once the vegies and chicken are out of the oven transfer all the roasted veggies and the chicken to a large, deep oven dish . Add the chickpeas and garlic, pour the coconut mixture on top sprinkle chopped coriander cover with foil and cook for another 20-30 minutes.