Turmeric Rice with Veggies
Updated: Nov 4, 2020
Hi beautiful people,
I've had lots of people asking me for the yellow rice recipe.
Here it is!
· 1½ cups rice
· 3 cups water
· 1tablespoon oil
· 1 teaspoon turmeric
· 1 large brown onion
· 2-3 tablespoons oil
· 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
· 1/3 cup pistachio nuts
· ¼ cup sultanas
· ½ pomegranate
· 1 carrot diced
· 1 ½ cups frozen carrots, peas and corn, thawed.
· 1teaspoon mixed spice
· 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
Feel free to make rice as you always do and just add 1 teaspoon of turmeric to your rice.
1. Pour ½ cups of rice into a pot. Stir in oil, salt, and turmeric. Stir until rice is completely coated in oil salt and turmeric
2. Stir in the water.
3. Bring to a boil reduce heat to low and stir with a wooden spoon. Cover with a lid and let the rice cook for another 20 min until cooked through. I give my rice a stir every now and then and check and see if I need to add water.
1. In a large frying pan sauté onion, add carrots and fry, stirring occasionally for about 10min. Add thawed veggies and stir for another 5 minutes, stir in spices making sure all veggies are mixed well with veggies.
2. Stir in sultanas and nuts and continue to stir for another five minutes, until all flavours and ingredients have melded together.
3. Cut the pomegranate in half and stir pomegranate seeds into veggies.
PS - I love hearing from you! Let me know how it went and feel free to spread the word/passion/love, the more the merrier!